WHO ARE WE?
SmartSearch have a unique Anti Money Laundering verification platform bringing together both individual and business searches for the UK and International markets. In 2020 we were recognized by both the Financial Times as one of the Top 600 fastest growing companies in Europe and placed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Our latest technology delivers an unrivalled user experience enabling our users to comply with the latest Anti Money Laundering regulations.
SmartSearch has grown rapidly since its inception in late 2011 and we continue to have ambitious growth plans which makes us a truly exciting place to work.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Infrastructure Manager will oversee the infrastructure and Service Desk Teams. You will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Infrastructure Engineers, guiding them on best practices and providing technical insight where required. Assisted by the Service Desk Team Leader you will also be responsible for setting the Service Desk targets and ensuring quality and consistent service delivery.
From a technical perspective, the Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of all internal technology products within the business. This includes both virtual and physical servers and networking hardware; firewalls, switches wireless infrastructure etc.
In addition to managing the infrastructure team and technology used by the business you will also be responsible for ensuring that standards are in place, this includes writing technical governance documentation and enforcing governance which is already established.
The Infrastructure Manager forms a key part of the information security committee, ensuring that all suppliers are audited against our internal and external standards on a regular basis and that all InfoSec policies are adhered to across the business.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- You will be able to demonstrate end to end management of infrastructure services for an organisation of similar size and scale.
- Approximately 5 years commercial experience managing an internal infrastructure, networking, and back-office software products
- Have demonstratable experience troubleshooting and diagnosing Windows and VMware based virtualisation environments to an expert level
- A strong understanding of Network Infrastructures - TCP/IP & VoIP
- The ability to lead a team of technical personnel, having the initiative to plan technology projects to suit business needs and to proactively manage workload efficiently
- Strong Customer Service focus with the ability to listen and communicate at all levels both written and verbal
- Deep experience of infrastructure, specifically Datacentres, On-Premises, Azure Public Cloud, AWS, Networks & Telephony
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Compute, Storage, Network, Security, Telephony and Database
- You should be an expert technology services vendor manager
- Able to act as the top level of escalation, working in conjunction with the Head of Technology to resolve any and all issues necessary
- Serve as formal technical escalation point to the team and action escalated cases in line with internal SLA’s, engaging directly with the customer
- Overall responsibility of the Service Desk Team Leader and Infrastructure Team, supporting with them to identify common and repeated issues and plan solutions to mitigate these
- Managing new internal technical project implementations, including, but not limited to: creating test plans, writing documentation, software/technology installations
- Ongoing analysis of internal infrastructure, making and managing the implementation of recommendations to improve system performance
- Be available for phone transfers for escalations when required to troubleshoot or address
- Mentoring the Service Desk Team Leader and Infrastructure Engineers to help the team grow and hone their skills, both technically and interpersonally
- Work as part of a senior technical on-call rota, providing an escalation point for the infrastructure team
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Our fantastic newly built offices in the heart of Ilkley within easy walking distance of Ilkley train station.
- Career progression opportunities are abundant within our company growth plans
- Training and development is provided by industry experts
- Our offices include an onsite gym, gaming area and pool table and tennis table in our amazing break out areas
- Our excellent benefits package