WHO ARE WE?
SmartSearch have a unique Anti Money Laundering verification platform bringing together both individual and business searches for the UK and International markets. In 2020 we were recognized by both the Financial Times as one of the Top 600 fastest growing companies in Europe and placed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Our latest technology delivers an unrivalled user experience enabling our users to comply with the latest Anti Money Laundering regulations. SmartSearch has grown rapidly since its inception in late 2011, fostering an incredibly collaborative and supportive culture, and we continue to have ambitious growth plans which make us a truly exciting place to work.
SmartSearch are expanding their Product Team to purse an ambitious product roadmap and achieve strategic growth. This is an opportunity to further your career as a Busines Analyst within a fast-paced, thriving organisation with a great company culture.
Alongside Product Owners, you will collaborate with data suppliers and stakeholders across the business to refine product requirements - supporting development teams throughout the lifecycle.
WHAT IS LIFE LIKE AT SMARTSEARCH?
- We enjoy our fantastic modern office in the heart of Ilkley, designed with employee welfare and fulfilment in mind. It is within a 5-minute walk of Ilkley train station; making it easily commutable from surrounding areas such as Leeds and Bradford; and includes 4 kitchens, reading space, an onsite gym, on site parking, gaming area, pool table and tennis table, free fruit delivered weekly
- Excellent progression opportunities within our company growth plans based on personal development goals and regular feedback and reviews
- Training and development is provided by talented team members, enthusiastic leadership and industry experts
- Our excellent benefits package includes 25 days annual leave rising with each year of employment up to a maximum of 30 days per year.
- Annual bonus scheme based on hitting agreed targets
- Employee referral bonus
- Various weekly recognition schemes
- Employee engagement and activities committee that plans activities throughout the year
- Two big company celebrations per year - summer and Christmas party
- Company pension scheme, comprehensive private medical scheme and life insurance
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst
- Good technical aptitude, understanding of APIs and data transformation is preferable
- Strong knowledge of requirements modelling techniques
- Knowledge of agile practices and development methodologies
- Analytical thinking and problem solving from small enhancements to major projects
- Can identify and challenge assumptions where necessary
- Excellent teamwork skills, listening and communicating at all levels
- Elicit requirements in line with the product vision, refining clear acceptance criteria in agreement with all parties
- Model supplier APIs into the product, understanding nuances of the background context, business rules and how data is used
- Lead investigations into new features, facilitating workshops where needed
- Collaborate closely with delivery teams to ensure solutions being implemented are successful for the customer and user experience
- Assist Quality Assurance with validation of the product and ensure software features and processes are fully understood
- Contribute towards continuous improvement in ways of working