WHO ARE WE?
SmartSearch have a unique Anti Money Laundering verification platform bringing together both individual and business searches for the UK and International markets. In 2020 we were recognized by both the Financial Times as one of the Top 600 fastest growing companies in Europe and placed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Our latest technology delivers an unrivalled user experience enabling our users to comply with the latest Anti Money Laundering regulations.
SmartSearch has grown rapidly since its inception in late 2011 and we continue to have ambitious growth plans which makes us a truly exciting place to work.
Within this role, you will be trusted to; self-navigate, learn & share, architect highly available cloud environments; ensuring performance targets are met and exceeded.
This is to support and migrate our legacy web application server environment, and also to work on the build and architecture of our rebuilt containerised application.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technology, you will be expected to work independently, producing clear documentation to support your highly available architecture. You will need the ambition to learn on the job, while improving your overall performance based on targets set for you.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Proven experience creating cloud platforms based around a cloud-native modern tech-stack.
- Experience building and managing AWS environments
- Awareness of secure by design practices
- Track record of managing Linux servers in a public cloud environment
- Knowledge of building, and delivering scalable containerised apps with Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of cloud networking architecture, including shared context firewalls and load balancers
- Have a desire to keep up to date with technology changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good standard of English
- A strong team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- A collaborative problem solver
The following is also advantageous but not essential:
- Experience with Git version control
- Strong history of managing and maintaining Cisco ASA(v) instances
- Experience working with development teams writing PHP
- Competent with MySQL
- Work to agreed targets
- Investigate and track down bugs and create resolutions
- Accurately record issues, features and business requirements
- Building and setting up development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Identify tools and methods to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working alongside software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning cloud architecture projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Producing detailed documentation for the cloud infrastructure to demonstrate both logical network and server design
- Be adaptable in working, with multiple priorities that can change regularly
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Our fantastic newly built offices in the heart of Ilkley within easy walking distance of Ilkley train station.
- Career progression opportunities are abundant within our company growth plans
- Training and development is provided by industry experts
- Our offices include an onsite gym, gaming area and pool table and tennis table in our amazing break out areas
- Our excellent benefits package