WHO ARE WE?
SmartSearch has a unique Anti Money Laundering verification platform bringing together both individual and business searches for the UK and International markets. In 2020 we were recognized by both the Financial Times as one of the Top 600 fastest-growing companies in Europe and placed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Our latest technology delivers an unrivaled user experience enabling our users to comply with the latest Anti Money Laundering regulations. SmartSearch has grown rapidly since its inception in late 2011, fostering an incredibly collaborative and supportive culture, and we continue to have ambitious growth plans which make us a truly exciting place to work.
The Credit Controller will support the Credit Control Manager in the management of the debtors, ensuring timely payments are made, processing receipts, reconciling invoices, replying to account queries and managing debt recovery.
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
- Chasing payments via telephone, email and letters
- Producing and sending out chase letters
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Setting and monitoring Direct Debit Instalments
- Setting and Monitoring Credit Card Payments
- Dealing with difficult telephone calls and
negotiation with clients
WHAT IS LIFE LIKE AT SMARTSEARCH?
- We enjoy our fantastic modern office in the heart of Ilkley, designed with employee welfare and fulfilment in mind. It is within a 5-minute walk of Ilkley train station; making it easily commutable from surrounding areas such as Leeds and Bradford; and includes 4 kitchens, reading space, an onsite gym, onsite parking, gaming area, pool table and tennis table, free fruit delivered weekly
- Excellent progression opportunities within our company growth plans based on personal development goals and regular feedback and reviews
- Training and development is provided by talented team members, enthusiastic leadership and industry experts
- Our excellent benefits package includes 25 days annual leave rising with each year of employment up to a maximum of 30 days per year.
- Annual bonus scheme based on hitting agreed targets
- Employee referral bonus
- Various weekly recognition schemes
- Employee engagement and activities committee that plans activities throughout the year
- Two big company celebrations per year - summer and Christmas party
- Company pension scheme, comprehensive private medical scheme and life insurance
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- A strong confident telephone manner with excellent verbal communication
- Excellent customer services – the ability to maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- The ability to listen and negotiate with customers
- Persistence, determination and resilience
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Analytical skills and thorough attention to detail
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and data entry software
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others
- Can work well alone as well as within a team