WHO ARE WE?
SmartSearch’s award-winning Anti-Money Laundering platform combines both individual and business verification for UK and International markets, providing clients with the most advanced and comprehensive features available from an AML provider.
In 2021 we were recognised by the Financial Times as one of the Top 1000 fastest-growing companies in Europe for the 4th consecutive year and won the Yorkshire Post Excellence in Business Award - Digital & Technology, as well as being named in the renowned RegTech100 list for 2022.
Our innovative technology delivers an unrivalled user experience enabling our clients to comply with the latest Anti-Money Laundering regulations with minimal impact on their business. SmartSearch has grown rapidly since its inception in 2011, fostering an incredibly collaborative and supportive culture, as we continue our ambitious growth plans which make us a truly exciting, rewarding, and unique place to work.
We're looking for customer focussed IT professional with strong communication and problem-solving ability. You will be able to handle complex technical queries and issues within SLA, working alongside the Infrastructure Team on core system issues. You will be confident providing 2nd and 3rd line support in the key technologies we use.
With at least 4 years’ experience, the successful candidate will be competent in the following technologies:
- VMware ESX
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019 and Hyper-V virtualisation
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Azure virtualization and Office 365
Your experience should include:
- Experience of supporting an internal infrastructure, networking, and software products
- Strong Customer Service focus with the ability to listen and communicate at all levels both written and verbal
- Have experience of troubleshooting and diagnostics within Windows based environments
- Have a strong understanding of Windows operating systems, both server and client
- The ability to work well in a team of technical personnel but also have the initiative to work independently and proactively manage workload efficiently
- Requirement to be added to the on-call rota
- To handle complex technical queries and issues within SLA, working alongside the Infrastructure Team on core system issues.
- To be a ‘champion’ for the internal infrastructure, ensuring other team members can provide cover in the event of your sickness absence and holidays
- To work independently on assigned projects through to completion and train other team members on those new technologies
- To liaise with the heads of department to understand their IT requirements and resolve any specific issues they might have
- To attend the departmental technology workshops and aid the departmental technology champions in implementing technical solutions for their challenges
- To troubleshoot IT issues as requested by the Team Leader or Infrastructure Manager
- To be included in part of the on-call and escalations rota for out of hours technical issues raised by staff and pro-active monitoring – after probation, subject to sign off by the Head of Technology
- To comply with, and contribute to, all technical security, patch management, service and other general policies
- Ensure all patching weekends are planned and booked in with the service desk, supporting the analysts as required
- Mentoring the service desk analysts by acting as a sounding board, providing guidance and advice where required for the team to upskill their technical knowledge
- Remediating security issues as identified during accreditations and penetration tests
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies
WHAT IS LIFE LIKE AT SMARTSEARCH?
- We enjoy our fantastic modern office in the heart of Ilkley, designed with employee welfare and fulfilment in mind. It is within a 5-minute walk of Ilkley train station; making it easily commutable from surrounding areas such as Leeds and Bradford; and includes 4 kitchens, reading space, an onsite gym, on site parking, gaming area, pool table and tennis table, free fruit delivered weekly
- Excellent progression opportunities within our company growth plans based on personal development goals and regular feedback and reviews
- Training and development is provided by talented team members, enthusiastic leadership and industry experts
- Our excellent benefits package includes 25 days annual leave rising with each year of employment up to a maximum of 30 days per year.
- Annual bonus scheme based on hitting agreed targets
- Employee referral bonus
- Various weekly recognition schemes
- Employee engagement and activities committee that plans activities throughout the year
- Two big company celebrations per year - summer and Christmas party
- Company pension scheme, comprehensive private medical scheme and life insurance