WHO ARE WE?
SmartSearch have a unique Anti Money Laundering verification platform bringing together both individual and business searches for the UK and International markets. In 2020 we were recognized by both the Financial Times as one of the Top 600 fastest growing companies in Europe and placed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Our latest technology delivers an unrivaled user experience enabling our users to comply with the latest Anti Money Laundering regulations.
SmartSearch has grown rapidly since its inception in late 2011 and we continue to have ambitious growth plans which makes us a truly exciting place to work. The business now employs approximately 150 people with expectations and the space to increase this number to 200 by 2022.
Having grown from approximately 100 employees in 2019, there is now a need for a Service Desk Analyst to support the department and provide additional technical capacity for the business.
With at least 2 years’ experience, the successful candidate ideally will have had exposure to the following technologies:
- VMware Horizon
- VMware ESX
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019 and Hyper-V virtualisation
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Azure virtualization and Office 365
- To handle stakeholder technical queries and issues within SLA and to escalate to the Team Leader where required
- To be a ‘champion’ for the internal infrastructure, ensuring other team members can provide cover in the event of your sickness absence and holidays
- To work independently on assigned projects through to completion and train other team members on those new technologies
- To liaise with the heads of department to understand their IT requirements and resolve any specific issues they might have
- To attend the departmental technology workshops and aid the departmental technology champions in implementing technical solutions for their challenges
- To troubleshoot IT issues as requested by the Team Leader
- To gain a full and complete understanding of the SmartSearch IT infrastructure and be proactive in suggesting improvements where possible and/or necessary
- To provide input to the security presentation given to all new employees as part of their induction
- To be included in part of the on-call rota for out of hours technical issues raised by staff and pro-active monitoring – after probation, subject to sign off by the Head of Technology
- To comply with all technical security, patch management, service and other general policies
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Experience of supporting an internal infrastructure, networking, and software products
- Have experience of troubleshooting and diagnostics within Windows based environments
- Have a basic understanding of Windows operating systems, both server and client
- The ability to work well in a team of technical personnel but also have the initiative to work independently and proactively manage workload efficiently
- Strong Customer Service focus with the ability to listen and communicate at all levels both written and verbal
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Our fantastic newly built offices in the heart of Ilkley within easy walking distance of Ilkley train station.
- Career progression opportunities are abundant within our company growth plans
- Training and development opportunities
As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to work on many exciting projects, essential to support the continued growth of the business. In the previous 12 months the infrastructure team have worked on many varied and exciting projects, including but not limited to:
- Expansion and migration of some services and servers into Microsoft Azure
- Deployment, and integration of Microsoft Teams
- Migration of ~130 staff from 100% office-based staff onto remote working solutions
- Building a SharePoint solution to support the business and centralise documentation and improve collaborating working
- Major version upgrades of both VMware ESX and VMware Horizon
- Successful ISO27001 accreditation at the first attempt
In next 12 months, the following projects are planned (amongst others) and whilst you may not be directly involved, you will have the opportunity to build your skills on these technologies and shadow the implementation engineers where appropriate for your development:
- Deployment of additional data classification technology, utilizing Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Deployment of Microsoft InTune to more effectively secure data on mobile devices
- Addition of VMware Horizon cloud pods, leveraging the flexibility of cloud resource to support SmartSearch’s ambitious growth plans
- Migration from traditional ADFS SSO onto Microsoft’s Azure platform