About the role
SmartSearch are expanding their Product Team and pursuing an ambitious product roadmap to achieve growth. This is an opportunity to become the principle UX Tester, taking ownership of the quality strategy within a fast-paced and vibrant culture.
The UX Tester is responsible for planning and
execution of quality assurance activity throughout the product lifecycle- working closely with various stakeholders to ensure customer
quality expectations are met, minimising risk during deployments
- Owning the QA strategy - defining and communicating the approach for each product initiative.
- Collaborating with Client Services to manage user acceptance of changes to the product.
- Understanding user journeys and proactively suggesting improvements to the user experience.
- Testing to ensure software meets requirements to a high-quality standard.
- Replicating issues in the live environment; clearly and concisely communicating bug reports.
- Managing the resolution of issues with the Product Owner and communicating progress to the relevant stakeholders.
- Minimising risk during deployments, actively managing releases across the different environments and testing for regression where appropriate.
Key Skills Required
- Good understanding of QA methodologies and functional testing techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an instinct for assessing potential issues.
- Methodical, plans the test approach to achieve suitable coverage of scenarios.
- Champions quality from conception through to the live product; challenging assumptions and design decisions.
- Actively contributes towards improving the user experience.
- Can independently and proactively manage QA activity according to product priorities.
- Excellent teamwork skills, keen collaborator with all stakeholders.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to listen and communicate at all levels both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of software build/deployment pipelines and experience working with remote development teams would be advantageous.