WHO ARE WE?
SmartSearch have a unique Anti Money Laundering verification platform bringing together both individual and business searches for the UK and International markets. In 2020 we were recognized by both the Financial Times as one of the Top 600 fastest growing companies in Europe and placed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Our in-house development team creates and maintains the latest in AML technology which delivers an unrivalled user experience, enabling our customers to comply with AML regulations.
SmartSearch has grown rapidly
since its inception in late 2011 and we continue to have ambitious growth plans
which makes us a truly exciting place to work.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE……
- Software development experience ideally back end and front-end development in PHP
- Strong technical background in PHP (ideally Symfony but other frameworks will also be considered)
- Experience of writing specifications based on requirements and estimating time to complete the work
- Excellent attention to detail, and system testing skills (TDD, PHPunit)
- Experience building, consuming, testing REST APIs, Consuming SOAP requests etc
- Experience using version control, preferably Git
- Able to conduct code reviews and recommend improvements.
- Open to criticism and collaborative working to enhance efficiencies and product quality
- Understanding and use of secure by design practices
- A team player who can work collaboratively to achieve business goals
- The ability to manage your own time and tasks effectively
- A professional attitude and reliable nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and fluent in English
- Have a desire to keep up to date with technology changes
- Experience of working with Docker across all environments from local to production
- Competent with MySQL, and experience of large datasets (or Maria DB)
- Experience working in Agile or SCRUM methodology
Within this role, you will be trusted to; self-navigate, learn & share, write logical-clean-code and ensure performance targets are met and exceeded.
This is to support our current website with new features and debugging, and also to work on a re-write of the whole system.
Your role would include working with customers throughout the business, to achieve desired new features and bug fixes. Reporting directly to your Team Leader, you will be expected to complete features in a timely manner, perform peer-code-reviews, and associated tasks related to software development.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- We are a successful business that has been recognized by the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing Tech businesses in Europe for 3 consecutive years
- We provide the opportunity to grow within the business and learn new skills
- Training and development is provided by industry experts
- Our excellent benefits package
- Highly collaborative and supportive team culture
- Flexible working (with core hours)
- We have a continuous improvement mindset
- We achieved a Gold Standard for employee engagement in our 2020 Anthem survey